The Jardin des Plantes or the Jardin des Plantes de Paris is located in the 5th arrondissement on the left bank of the River Seine. It was established as a medicinal garden in the 17th century by the physician of King Louis XIII, Guy de La Brosse, but it became open to the public in the year 1640 AD. It is considered the headquarters of the National Museum of Natural History which is composed of several galleries: the Gallery of Evolution for specimens, the Gallery of Mineralogy and Geology, the Gallery of Paleontology and Comparative Anatomy and the Gallery of Botany. Moreover, you will also find a small zoo which contains different species of animals, in addition to a variety of gardens where a large collection of plants is available. It is one of the marvelous attractions in Paris since it attracts visitors to enjoy the beauty of nature and relax away from the hustle of the city. It is also a suitable place for families, especially children who will get the chance to play safely among nature.